This is a time of year when everyone is busy wrapping up business and looking ahead to the new year. We at LeadsCouncil are doing the same.
LeadsCouncil has always been an evolutionary story over the years, however, no year has seen as much change to the organization as 2016. It’s been a year of building and restructuring as well as an incredible year of learning and achievement.
Late 2015 saw the formation of our first panel of Board of Directors. Headed by Gregory Gragg of Gragg Advertising, Blue Chair LLC and Integrishield, he reached out to some of the top Lead Generation executives in the industry and quickly assembled a powerhouse team of leaders to take charge of the Council’s direction for 2016 and beyond.
With the addition of our first Executive Director Rob Seaver, LeadsCouncil now has a dedicated team of 14 BODs tasked with setting the vision and direction for our association for this year and much more to come.
In 2016 we’ve seen the development of the Lead Generation Industry’s first comprehensive Best Practices document setting the tone for guidelines and principles for all industry companies to agree to and follow throughout the years to come. This was an important first step in an eventual process to show regulators and the industry we are serious about bringing a solid Self-Regulatory presence to a heavily-regulated landscape.
2016 also saw many additional milestones for the association:
- Multiple State Attorney General interactions directly influencing key draft legislation aimed at Lead Generators
- Strategic alliances with key industry associations interested in preserving the best interest for Lead Generators within their respective membership base
- Incredible growth in membership driving sustainable revenue streams for current and future growth
- Establishment of key relationships within major regulatory organizations such as the FTC and CFPB as well as numerous State Attorney Generals
- Appointment of a Full-Time Government Relations representative entrenched in Washington D.C.
- Established a working relationship with influential Law Firms such as Venable who has been a leader representing the Lead Generation industry for many years leveraging important relationships with key State and Federal regulators/legislatures.
These are just a few examples of how LeadsCouncil has been working hard throughout 2016 representing Lead Generators and what’s important to you. As we look forward to 2017, we have a lot to be excited about.
Our plans for the upcoming year include a focused approach to handling the very dynamic political climate we all face with the new administration. This requires us to work diligently on maturing our Guidelines and Best Practices for all Lead Generators to follow as well as continue to monitor the very fluid political landscape.
We are excited about LeadsCouncil’s growth and our deliberate path ahead. Expect to hear more about what we are doing and how you can get involved very soon.